If you are hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year, you’ll be too busy preparing the food to do a thorough house cleaning. But you also don’t want your relatives and friends to think that you don’t know how to keep your house neat and tidy. So, what should you do?
What you need at this point is to have a holiday cleaning timeline so you know what needs to be done before Thanksgiving.
House Cleaning Tips
Five Days Before:
- Check your house to see if there are any problems that have to be addressed right away.
- Check your cleaning products and know if you have everything you need.
- Consider what your guests will see when you are thinking of what parts of your house needs to be cleaned. These areas include the entryways, mudrooms, dining room, living room, kitchen, bathroom, and guest rooms.
Four Days Before:
It is best to take on kitchen cleaning over the weekend. Here’s what you need to do:
- Make sure that your stove top is clean and ready for the action come Thanksgiving
- Clean your kitchen countertops and make sure that the cupboards are organized. Wipe it down as well as the refrigerator door and the backsplashes.
- Take out and clean your holiday dishes and flatware.
Three Days Before:
If you will have visitors spend the night in your home, you have to prepare the guest rooms.
- Dust and vacuum the guest room.
- Check the linens and wash the towels and sheets.
- Close the door once you’re done cleaning the guest room to make sure that it stays clean until your visitors arrive.
Two Days Before:
This is the perfect time to clean and prepare the bathroom.
- Thoroughly clean your bathroom.
- Make sure it has enough clean hand towels, tissues, hand soap, and toilet paper.
- Clean the other rooms that your visitors might see. Clean the blinds, ceiling fans, and light fixtures.
- Make sure there are no cobwebs dangling from the corners.
One Day Before:
- Give the sidewalks, driveways, and porches a good sweep. Clean the entry ways and mudrooms, too.
- Clean the closet and save a space for your guests’ purses and coats.
- Clean the glass surfaces and windows.
- Vacuum throughout the whole house.
- You have to keep your other chores light because you will doing a lot of cooking on this day.
- Wipe down the chairs and tables in the dining room.
- Perform a final spot cleaning before family and friends arrive.
House cleaning Myrtle Beach and preparing for guests can be very stressful during the holidays. But if you have a plan set in place, you will be able to do what needs to be done before the big day.
Call now if you need professional cleaning services to prepare your home before the holidays.