The fall season is the perfect time for you to prepare your home for the upcoming holiday season and finish the other household tasks that you may have forgotten to complete during summer. The summer heat has gone but the weather is still mild, which means you can still do outdoor and house cleaning chores to make sure that your home is all set for the cold weather. So, here’s a complete cleaning list that you may find useful.
Clean and Store Outdoor Furniture
- Clean your outdoor furniture first before storing.
- Don’t forget to treat any visible stain.
- If you don’t have space in your storage area, you can cover your outdoor furniture with weatherproof tarps or custom covers and secure them with bungee cords.
Maintain And Store Gardening Equipment
- Have all your lawn and garden equipment serviced first before storing.
- Clean each one and make the necessary repairs.
Clean Gutter and Downspouts
- Get rid of the autumn leaves that may have filled the gutters to prevent rotting wood as well as roof leaks.
- Don’t forget to use a sturdy ladder and good safety practices when cleaning this part of your home.
Winterize Water Features and Outdoor Pools
- Drain the water and cover your outdoor pool or other water features that are not heated.
- Winterize all exposed faucets and pipes.
Replace Window Screens With Storm Windows
- Insulate your home and make it more energy efficient during the colder weather by installing storm windows.
- Clean and store your screen windows.
Wash Indoor and Exterior Windows
- Clean the exterior windows first and then then interior windows.
- Dry clean the drapery.
- Dust and clean the blinds and shades.
- Clean the window sills.
Conduct An Outdoor Home Inspection
- Check the outside of your home and look for areas that should be winterized.
- Check the roof for any loose or cracked shingles and make the necessary repairs with the help of a roofing contractor.
- Pest control is a must to prevent rodents and insects from invading your home.
- Broken seals and damaged caulk in windows and doors must be fixed.
Change Smoke Detector Batteries
- Change the batteries of your smoke and carbon dioxide detectors every season.
Replace or Clean HVAC Filters
- Hire an HVAC contractor to check your HVAC unit.
- Change filters on a regular basis.
- Clean filters regularly to improve the air quality inside your home.
Clean and Reverse Ceiling Fans
- Clean your ceiling fan.
- Find the switch that will reverse the ceiling fan blades so heated air will follow a downward flow. This will keep you warm during the colder season
Deep Clean Your Home
- Deep clean your home.
- Clean one room at a time.
- Create a house cleaning Myrtle Beach checklist to make sure that you do not forget anything.
Clean Your Bedroom
- Vacuum all furniture and under the bed.
- Wash winter bedding.
- Vacuum and flip your mattress.
- Clean rugs and carpets.
Check Your Winter Wardrobe and Store Summer Clothes
- Empty your closet
- Store all summer clothes.
- Other garments that you no longer use for more than a year can be donated or sold.
- Don’t forget to check for harmful pests that may destroy the clothes that you’ve kept in your closet.
Clean The Bathroom
- Deal with mold and mildew problems.
- Clean cabinets and throw away all out of date products.
- Wash bathmats and shower curtains.
- Clean all bathroom fixtures including doorknobs and switch plates
Clean The Living Room
- All upholstered furniture must be vacuumed when cleaning the living room.
- Clean all electronic devices in the living room including remotes and keyboards.
- Dust books, baseboards, and tops of furniture.
- Clean the walls and get rid of scuff marks.
- Clean the carpet, wool rugs, and wood floors.
Clean The Kitchen
- Empty the pantry.
- Clean the pantry.
- List all baking supplies that you need.
- Clean the oven, including the vent hood.
- Clean the freezer and refrigerator. Get rid of everything that can no longer be used.
- Clean the refrigerator coils.
- Check and clean small kitchen appliances.
Call Cleaning Services Myrtle Beach now if you need reliable cleaning services in Myrtle Beach.