The kitchen is where you prepare meals for your friends, family and yourself and it is vital that your kitchen represents a hygienic and healthy environment in which to cook and consume food. Keeping your kitchen spotless at all times is important to keep away food-borne diseases and other health risks. Read on for a few helpful kitchen cleaning tips that will have your kitchen sparkling in no time.
General Kitchen Cleaning Tips
- Tidy up your kitchen area counter often. A chaotic counter provides a really unpleasant and messy look to your cooking area. The fewer things you keep on your countertop, the neater your kitchen area will look. Keep just the most often needed products on the countertop. All other products should be stored inside the cabinet. This does not just lessen the mess, it also makes things simpler to find.
- The best kitchen cleaning tips are usually the ones that are most overlooked. In this respect, the best tip I can give you is to take the trash out without fail every day. Piled up trash gives an unsightly look and foul odor is no friend to good hygiene. Sprinkle the bottom of your garbage bag or pail liberally with baking soda. This will suppress foul odors and keep your kitchen smelling fresh.
Tips to clean dishes
- When baking, keep a tub or sink of hot water handy. As soon as you are done with baking dishes, drop them in the hot water to prevent them from drying up. Dirty dishes left in the kitchen to dry are so much harder to clean. This is another great time saver while you are doing chores around the kitchen.
- Dishes that have burnt food stuck on the inside can be a nightmare to clean. But there are some important kitchen cleaning tips from professional house cleaners to make it easy to clean pots and pans with burnt food. For example, add some dishwashing liquid to the pot or pan and pour in some water. Bring it to a boil and then remove from the stove. When the water has cooled off to a lukewarm temperature, empty the dish and scrub well with a coarse scrubber.
- Stainless steel cutlery is easy to clean. After all, they are not supposed to stain. But rubbing vinegar on stainless steel cutlery with a microfiber cloth is a great way to polish them and give them a shiny, brand new look.
How to clean appliances
- We have all heard many kitchen cleaning tips to clean the refrigerator, but it is a task that most of us put off, probably because the mess in the refrigerator is hidden behind doors. But it is a good idea to clean it at least once a week. Remove all food items from the refrigerator and use some warm water and soap to wipe the shelves clean. This serves a dual purpose, as you can also toss out expired food products as you replace them in the refrigerator.
- Blenders and food processors are usually designed to be easy to clean, so cleaning them is quite straightforward. If your blender or food processor has detachable parts, remove as many of them as you can, before cleaning. Simply fill the blender or food processor partly with warm soapy water and let it soak for a few minutes. Pour the water out and scrub.
- The microwave is another appliance that can accumulate some very hard to clean burnt stains. In a microwave proof glass bowl, add equal parts of water, vinegar, and lime juice. Place this in the microwave and cook for a few minutes at a high temperature. Remove the bowl and wipe the inside of the microwave clean with a paper towel.
Follow these tips to keep a fresh, hygienic and healthy kitchen.
Need help with your cleaning chores. Cleaning Services Myrtle Beach is here to help you. Whether it is a one-time cleaning or house cleaning on a scheduled basis – we are here for you.