When it comes to house cleaning and organizing, most of us are pretty good at the everyday stuff. But what about the bigger jobs like cleaning your closet? Lots of people just ignore it because they feel intimidated by the task at hand. If your closet is anything but peaceful and inspiring, then read on. We’ve got some great tips for you!
Cleaning Out The Clutter In Your Closet
The first step to an organized closet is getting rid of what you don’t need. House cleaning Myrtle Beach experts offered a few tips to get you started.
- Pull everything out that you haven’t worn in a year. These items need to be either stored or donated. You need room to put everyday clothes. If you have a large closet, put lesser worn clothing toward the back of the closet and bring your everyday clothing forward. You want to put together an outfit quickly at a glance.
- Make three general piles: Keep, Donate, Sell. Sort all your items into these piles and throw away anything that is damaged or can’t be used.
- Remember that when you donate clothes to a charity, they should be in good shape. Don’t donate things that are torn or worn out, and never donate clothing without cleaning them first. In general, don’t donate things that you wouldn’t want yourself. Charity organizations love to get donations of great clothing and it’s a wonderful way to pay it forward with your gently used items. You may even want to look for a specific type of charity such as an organization that outfits women for new jobs or interviews, etc. You should also remember to write off your charitable giving on your taxes, so get a receipt for your donations!
- Now that you’ve sorted your clothes, it’s time to organize what you place back in your closet. There are many ways to do this, but here are some of our favorites….
Place like items together. Separate your tops by sleeve length and color. Next, hang your jackets and blazers by color. If you prefer to hang your cotton tees, these too can be hung by sleeve length and color. Pants can be hung by style and color. I prefer to fold my jeans in half and lay them on a shelf. I do the same with Capri pants. Sweaters should be stacked rather than hung, as they will stretch out too much if you hang them. Stacks shouldn’t be more than 12-18 inches high to keep them manageable.
- Shoes. Let’s face it, we women usually have more shoes than we know what to do with! And because a woman can never have too many great shoes, we have to figure out creative ways to store them. If your closet floor has become cluttered, consider hanging shoe organizers. These are also great for storing other kinds of accessories! If you have the space, you can always get clear shoe boxes and stack them on shelves. Or, you could store the shoes in their original boxes with a picture of the shoes attached to the box so you can see what you’re looking for.
Getting your closet clean and organized doesn’t have to be a dreaded, impossible task. Do a little at a time if it feels overwhelming. Once you have everything in its proper place, you will love going to your closet each morning to pick out your outfit. Remember: your closet should inspire you! Cleaning out the closet will not only make your life more organized, but it will also give you a beautiful opportunity to give back by donating to clothing charities.
If you really want to have some fun making over your closet, try painting the walls a fun color and add some containers, baskets and other closet accessories. Make your closet a fun and inviting personal boutique with a little cleaning and organizing! For more ideas or to let professionals come do the hard work for you. You can always go for a house cleaning service.
Call Cleaning Services Myrtle Beach if you need professional help in cleaning and organizing your home.
Cleaning Services Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577