Now that we are experiencing the cold season, you cannot help but think about the fun things to do in the coming summer. During the summer season, you enjoy entertaining friends and family that want to come to the beach for summer fun and spills will surely happen. Your cleaning service professional has great tips for removing those unfortunate accidents, just in case you encounter tough spots.
List of Cleaning Supplies
You will want to keep the needed cleaning supplies on hand in the case of emergency. Cleaning Services Myrtle Beach suggests that you take a storage container and fill with the following:
- Club Soda
- Baking Soda
- denatured alcohol
- lemon juice
- Borax or other dry cleaning detergents
- Pure Vegetable Glycerin Extract – health food store
Helpful Cleaning Tips
- To remove gum– use a hair dryer to heat the gum. Then you will be able to peel away the gum from the surface. You will then need to clean the surface with water and detergent. Another tip is to freeze the gum with an ice cube and then scrape it off with a blunt knife.
- Red wine stains– first remove as much as you can by blotting the area. Then using sparkling water or club soda and continue to blot until the spot is removed. You may need to use soapy water to remove the spot completely. Then continue to blot with a towel until dry.
- Ketchup– using a blunt knife scrape off as much as you can. Blot the rest of the spot with a combination of glycerine blended with water. Another alternative is baking soda in water or club soda for cleaning the stain.
- Upholstery– use a cold damp cloth and dab the spot. Rinse the cloth often and dab again. Do not use detergents as this may cause the upholstery to fade. Before attempting to remove the spot you may want to call a professional to prevent damage to your upholstery.
- Grass stains– gently dab the stain with denatured alcohol. Follow this by using a clean cloth dab again with warm water. Then leave the spot to dry. Note: denatured alcohol is very dangerous if consumed; make sure you keep this cleaning solution out of the reach of children.
- Rust stains– use baking soda and lemon juice to form a cleaning paste. Rub it into the rust stain and let it sit for a few hours. Then wash with water. If the rust stains are on iron or steel, you can remove them with sandpaper.
- Stains on oven bakeware– sprinkle a powered detergent such as Borax cleaning detergent on the stain and then use a half-baked potato rub until the stain is removed.
- Pet Stains – the best resource for cleaning up pet stains is an article on Myrtle Beach Home Services on removing pet odors by cleaning service professionals.
Now is a great time to contract with a local carpet cleaning service. We are available for a one-time cleaning or to come on a regular schedule. Give us a call today – 843-492-6278.
Cleaning Services Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577